The mechanical assembler will construct various pieces of material handling equipment, machine frames/bases and workcell guarding. This position is considered to be light industrial assembly and the candidate will complete their various tasks by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assemble custom modular conveyors and framing from assembly drawings
- Use computer to manipulate 3-D drawings
- Maintain daily order status updates as required
- Maintain quality and accuracy requirements by using mechanical and visual inspection
- Maintain equipment to keep in proper working operation and report all maintenance issues
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Assist coworkers and other departments as instructed
- Craftsman with an eye for detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong computer skills are a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment & be open to new tasks and processes
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to read inches and meters on tape measure
- Excellent attendance and reliability is a must
- Willing to work overtime as needed
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job solely operates on the manufacturing/assembly shop floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. Employee will also be using measuring devices such as calipers and tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Moving complete or nearly complete assemblies with heavier weights at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of metric system a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of engineered blueprints a plus but not required.
Will train the proper candidate who is willing to learn.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.