Inside Sales Associate
This position is primarily focused on customer service and exceeding the customer's needs. You will provide a level of technical expertise in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and support the sale of our standard and custom conveying products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promptly handle phone calls, emails and all forms of communications
- Review request for quote (RFQ) package, drawings, specifications, and other related documents
- Make product selections and develop application specific solutions
- Creates cost-estimates and proposals in consultation with other sales members and engineering
- Communicate directly and indirectly with both internal and external staff members, sales representatives and customers
- Facilitate a seamless process flow from quotation, to order, to shipment
- Accept, handle, manage and respond to inquiries, RFQs, orders and questions from customers and outside sales people
- Identifies and effectively resolves problems in a timely manner both individually and with others by skillfully gathering data, objectively analyzing information, and developing creative alternative solutions
- Computer skills should include experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Contact Relationship Management (CRM) systems, drafting software, and Microsoft products, Adobe and similar office systems
- The successful candidate must have prior sales background
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Attention to detail is crucial; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates mainly in the office area. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such computers, copiers and scanners. Employee will also be trained to be proficient with various software packages the company utilizes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week, with additional hours as required.
Commensurate with experience.
Up to 25% travel, as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; college/technical degree, preferred
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of engineered drawings/blueprints is required
- Knowledge of metric system a plus but not required
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would greatly help the sales team but is not required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.