Machinist | Senior Level | 2nd Shift
This position is primarily responsible for programming, set up and operation of machines such as CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, CNC router, manual chop saws and manual servicing area to machine metallic and nonmetallic workpieces by performing the following duties personally or through the direction of the Machining/Fabrication Supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read/view 3D model, blueprints or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations
- Programs, selects, positions, and secures tools in toolholders (chuck, collet, or tool post)
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures
- Programs machine(s) to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications
- Responsible for first piece article inspection
- Responsible for checking quality of parts produced versus print/model prior to releasing to the receiving department
- Must be able to program, set up and operate CNC controlled equipment
- CAM experience is a must, MecSoft experience preferred
- Conversational control experience is preferred
- Must be able to read drawings/model
- Must be able to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measure (inches and metric)
- Attention to detail is crucial; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job solely operates in the machining and fabrication department. This role routinely uses CNC and manual equipment. Employee will also be using measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Moving manual push carts with heavier weights at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 2:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., 40 hours per week.
The starting wage for this position is $20.00-$22.00 per hour.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; college/technical degree, preferred
- Five plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of metric system a plus but not required
- Knowledge of engineered blueprints is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.