Mechanical Design Engineer
The mechanical design engineer is responsible for designing conveyors and conveyor systems per customer specifications and scope. In this role you will develop conceptual layouts, final designs and BOMs.
- Design and engineer equipment per specification
- Produce complete, accurate 3D models for all components using Autodesk Inventor
- Generate assembly and fabrication drawings and bills of material
- Prepare project for order release from engineering
- Support our sales team with engineering and design information as needed
- Provide technical assistance to sales department and customers via phone, written correspondence and webcasts.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise by working closely with customers, suppliers and internal production personnel.
- Prepare equipment manuals and project documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience using 3D modeling software
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while tracking own responsibilities
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team along with the ability to interact with all levels of company hierarchy
- Ability to provide and take constructive criticism professionally
- Strong oral and written communication skill set with the ability to convey technical concepts
Preferences given to candidates who possess
- Experience in the development and design of automated machinery such as product/material handling equipment and conveyor systems
- An understanding of the manufacturing process
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and automation controls
- Knowledge of Electrical and Pneumatic systems
Preferences given to candidates who possess:
Background in equipment integration, maintenance, controls, programming, electrical, robotics, pneumatic actuators, sensors, motor controls, and/or industrial automation.
Annual wage range for this position is $60,000 - $80,000 depending on experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
mk North America does not sponsor work Visas
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.