This position is primarily focused on purchasing administrative office work. You will be highly organized and have strong computer and administrative skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Issue purchase orders to suppliers, distributors, and manufacturers
- Ensure that orders received are accurate
- Ensure goods received are not damaged
- Handle goods throughout the purchasing process
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure products purchased are in line with the needs of the company
- Maintain current awareness of industry market trends
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify popular products
- Keep accurate records of purchases made
- Enter purchasing transactions in our ERP computer system
- Computer skills should include extensive experience with Microsoft products – Excel, Word and Outlook, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Adobe and similar office systems
- Other administrative tasks that may be requested
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person
- Attention to detail is crucial; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
- Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Strong knowledge of industry market trends and conditions
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates mainly in the office area. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such computers, copiers and scanners. Employee will also be trained to be proficient with various software packages the company utilizes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift, carry and move a minimum of 30lbs
- Must be able to physically use various pieces of office equipment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to look at computer screens for long periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as required which may be during the week or on weekends.
There is typically no travel required of this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- ERP system experience preferred
- Experience working as a purchasing assistant in the industry is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.