This position is primarily responsible for QC/receiving of manufactured components from outside vendors and from our internal machining/fabrication department and to verify the components/parts match the drawings/blueprints and the piece count is correct.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Obtains blueprints and company specification sheets for the item and particular order
- Must be capable of reviewing drawings/blueprints
- Determines best inspection procedure to ensure complete verification of specifications and dimensions
- Obtains necessary fixtures, gauges, and indicators to check parts for compliance with specifications, within prescribed tolerances
- Rejects unacceptable items, documents non-conformance, and moves part to non-conformance area
- Completes required company paperwork on machined parts inspection activity
- Able to oversee, prioritize and delegate the workload and effectively communicate the status of parts to Management
- Ability to read and understand work instructions
- Possess a high level of knowledge to determine the proper method of inspection to be used for each part that is being processed and/or inspected
- Ability to verify conformance of machined features using measuring instruments such as a micrometer, caliper, etc.
- Accurate documentation of all inspections (Ex: Receiving, In-Process, Final)
- Communicates with co-workers, colleagues and Supervisors to receive instructions and/or guidance and coordinate activities
- Organize and maintain inspection department, gauging methods, etc.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently
- Willing to cross-train across others in-shop disciplines/ inspection disciplines
- Willingness to work with shop personnel to induct incoming parts and aid in the expeditious movement/shipment of critical parts
- Adaptability to different inspection methods
- The successful candidate must have prior QC/Receiving experience
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Attention to detail is crucial; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use inspection equipment calipers, micrometers, tape measure, etc. (inches and metric)
- Experience in manufacturing, required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates mainly on the shipping and receiving floor environment and sometimes within the machining/fabrication department. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such computers, copiers and scanners. Employee will also be using measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers and tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Moving manual push carts with heavier weights at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required from time to time to meet the demands.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; college/technical degree, preferred
- Five plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of metric system a plus but not required
- Knowledge of engineered drawings/blueprints is required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.