The sawyer will operate a cold saw to precisely cut aluminum profile extrusions for various order types. This position is considered to be light industrial assembly and the candidate will complete their various tasks by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate cold saw (chop saw) safely and efficiently
- Fulfill cutting orders scheduled by the machining supervisor
- Work closely with shipping/receiving department to maintain continuous work flow
- Maintain daily order status updates
- Maintain quality and accuracy requirements by using mechanical and visual inspection
- Maintain equipment to keep in proper operation
- Report all maintenance and quality issues immediately
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Assist the receiving and shipping departments and other departments as instructed
- The successful candidate must be dependable and organized
- Attention to detail is crucial
- Must be a team player with good communication and follow-up skills
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to read tape measure (inches and metric)
- Experience operating a forklift
- Experience in manufacturing
- Shipping experience is a plus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job solely operates on the machining shop floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers. Employee will also be using measuring devices such as a tape measure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to lift 75 pounds. Moving manual push carts with heavier weights at times. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of metric system a plus but not required
- Knowledge of engineered blueprints a plus but not required
- Will train the proper candidate who is willing to learn
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
mk North America does not support foreign Visas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.