Technical Sales Associate - Conveyors
This position is primarily focused on customer service and exceeding the customer's needs. You will be trained to provide technical expertise in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and support the sale of our standard and custom conveying products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promptly handle phone calls, emails, and all forms of communications
- Review request for quote (RFQ) package, drawings, specifications, and other related documents
- Make product selections and develop application specific solutions
- Creates cost-estimates and proposals in consultation with other sales members and engineering
- Communicate directly and indirectly with both internal and external staff members, sales representatives, and customers
- Facilitate a seamless process flow from quotation, to order, to shipment
- Accept, handle, manage and respond to inquiries, RFQs, orders and questions from customers and outside salespeople
- Identifies and effectively resolves problems in a timely manner both individually and with others by skillfully gathering data, objectively analyzing information, and developing creative alternative solutions
- Computer skills should include experience with Microsoft products, Adobe, and similar office systems
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations
- Listens and gets clarification
- Attention to detail is crucial - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates mainly in the office area. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such computers, copiers, and scanners. Employee will also be trained to be proficient with various software packages the company utilizes. Employee occasionally must spend time on the shop floor around moving mechanical parts and loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift, carry and move a minimum of 25 lbs
- Must be able to physically use various pieces of office equipment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to look at computer screens for long periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week, with additional hours as required.
Annual wage range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. There is also a quarterly sales bonus program that applies to this position which is based on meeting company sales goals.
There is no travel required for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; college/technical degree, preferred
- One to three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of engineered drawings/blueprints is preferred
- Knowledge of metric system is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would greatly help the sales team but is not required
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Contact Relationship Management (CRM) systems, and drafting software is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.