The shipping coordinator is responsible for getting our product to our customers and transacting the shipments in our ERP and production systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contact freight companies to ship our products to our customers, including UPS, FedEx, LTL, TL, international, etc.
- Prepare shipping documents which accompany the shipments including crossing international borders
- Enter shipping transactions in our ERP computer system
- Producing daily shipping reports
- Distribute job binder paperwork when the job ships
- Work with other departments to gather and give shipping information
- Attend daily morning production meeting
- Must be dependable, organized and possess a strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone and in person
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time to meet targets and deadlines
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates primarily in the manufacturing shop environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as digital camera, computers, copiers and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Able to lift, carry and move a minimum of 30lbs
- Must be able to physically use various pieces of office equipment
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to look at computer screens for long periods of time
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Overtime may be required from time to time to meet the demands.
The starting wage for this position is $20.00-$22.00 per hour depending on knowledge, skills, ability and experience.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; college/technical degree, preferred
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Truck classification and shipping experience required
- A technical aptitude and ability to read and interpret shop drawings preferred
- ERP system experience preferred
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working as a shipping coordinator in the industry is preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.